Friday, March 11, 2011

Freak Factor!

Freak Factor Link!

This is a really good article for me especially because I am always trying to fix my fallacies. It is something I shouldn't do according to David Rendall. I should be noticing my weaknesses and realizing my strengths. He also states to focus on one single thing, such as focusing on your strengths but not on your weaknesses since they are directly linked. You should never group those two and try to do them at the same time. We all have limitations for ourselves, and we should not try to change something we cannot change. We have to realize that some things cannot be resolved. We are all freaks in his sense, and we are better for it.

One point of his I found to be interesting is number six, Focus: You Can't Do Both. It is interesting to me because it is exactly what I do on a daily basis. I try to fix my weaknesses, which are directly related to my strengths, instead I should be building my strengths up. My weakness of caring too much, can be a good thing because I could go on and be a good HR manager, or in my case as I want to be a screenwriter, I could use the caring to volunteer around my city and hear stories that I could write about or just base off of my experiences. As I am writing this I am realizing how good of point this is. How can I try to fix myself when in reality I should not need to fix myself. It will put me in a good place to get creativity in the end.

Another point I found valid is number five, Foundation: Build On Your Strengths. As stated before I have to take my weaknesses to find my strengths I do not realize I have yet. Once I realize my strengths, I can start building them. So if I care too much, I go out and volunteer, or I can make myself open to people for their problems, or I can show how good of a guy I am that people will want to hire me because they can work with me. No one wants someone they cannot work with to work with them on a project, no matter the high skill level because personalities will clash and cause problems to the work that everyone is working hard to make the best. So no matter what my weakness is, turn it into a strength and just start building up from there.

The third point I want to talk about is his number two on his manifesto, What's My Problem? It's a recurring theme of how I try to fix my weaknesses when I really shouldn't. It is like Rendall says, there is nothing wrong with you, you find success when you find the right fit, your weaknesses make you different. There is nothing wrong with any of my weaknesses, and because there is nothing wrong with them, I am able to overcome whatever it is that is bothering me about myself. I should never think down on myself because I have weaknesses like any other person. It's just a simple part of life that every person has a weakness. We are all freaks. We are all different. So what? We can't change something that makes us unique, or we start seeing the same things over and over again, and who wants that monotony in their lives? Not me and I wouldn't expect you to want it either.

To answer the question on whether or not I have found all my strengths and weaknesses as a creative person, I have not and to be honest I will probably take a look at it here soon, because that could be a problem in creating the best work possible. So let's take a break on this blog because I need to start over, so once I set up a new one, I will post the link on this one. Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment